Thursday, April 5, 2012

Simple squares

 Even though I spend most of my sewing time making intricately pieced quilts,  as far as more practical quilts go, I still think you can't beat simple squares, especially when you have pretty fabrics to showcase. Checkout this beautiful work in progress by Red Pepper Quilts:
  
(Image used here with permission)

It makes me wish I had a basketful of scraps to play with today!
If you've been visiting here a while you will have seen the various play quilts I have made over the years (one for each child), also from simple squares (albeit much larger than postage stamp size!). The quilts still get used all the time, especially for a DVD treat.
 
It doesn't get much better than snuggling under the blankets on a rainy day, watching Mary Poppins while we wait for Dad to come home from an extra long day at work!

2 comments:

Viv said...

Do I correctly count 4 kids but only 3 quilts? Poor Danny...
;-)

Ruth said...

No, he does have his quilt there, it's just hidden under Aaron and Hannah's...